Here at Mark Vernon Heating and Plumbing, we are leading Worcester Bosch experts. And this is our to guide to what you should consider when positioning your new boiler in the loft, and the advantages of installing Worcester Bosch boilers in the loft.
What are the important considerations for installing Worcester Bosch boilers in the loft?
There are a number of important considerations to take into account when installing your new boiler in the loft. These include:
- Space- there needs to be enough space in your loft to install a boiler on a wall that is strong enough to load bear. This usually needs to be an external wall to support the weight of the water.
- Access- access to the boiler is important to help change the boiler temperature, set timers, check the boiler pressure, and to undertake boiler maintenance. This needs to be safe to access for both your household, and any gas engineers who may be fixing or working on your boiler.
- Cleanliness- keeping your boiler clean of debris and dust is an important consideration as this helps to reduce the risks associated with boiler breakdown. In a loft environment, this can be difficult to achieve and you may need to install the boiler inside a cupboard or cabinet that meets regulations and recommendations to try and protect the boiler.
What are the advantages of installing a Worcester Bosch boiler in the loft?
There are a number of benefits to choosing the loft as the installation space for your boiler. These benefits include:
- Saving space- by using the loft space for your boiler you can save space in other areas of the home.
- Reduced freezing risk- loft installation can reduce the risk of freezing pipes when compared to basement or garage boiler installations.
For more information or for professional Worcester Bosch boiler installation, servicing, or repair, get in touch with the team today, here at Mark Vernon Heating and Plumbing.